The College of Alberta Denturists exists pursuant to the Health Professions Act (HPA) and administers its responsibilities in accordance with applicable law.
The governing body of the College is its Council. Council consists of:
- Five regulated members – elected by the regulated membership
- Two public members – appointed by the Lieutenant Governor
Council sets the strategic direction for the College which is administered by College staff. Currently, the College has three staff:
- Complaints Director
- Administrative Assistant/Hearings Director
Our staff works to ensure that the College is in compliance with all applicable legislation and regulatory requirements and administers the corporate responsibilities of the College. Staff also ensured that members are in compliance with their regulatory requirements.
The College functions through self-regulation, not only through Council but through other committees:
- Registration Committee is established by statute and considers matters of registration referred to it by the Registrar and oversees the Continuing Competence Program.
- Examination Committee ensures that the College administers a solid and defensible registration examination process that is sufficient for use in the registration process.
- Nominations Committee manages the nomination process for Council member elections