(780) 429-2330

How to Register

Under the Health Professions Act (HPA), the College must register those qualified individuals who are practicing the profession of denturism in Alberta.  Our legislation and Bylaws provide different registers on which people may be registered.

To apply as a regulated member

To apply for regulated membership, you must complete the online registration form, provide the required documentation and pay the associated fees.  The required documentation may be uploaded through the online application or sent to the College directly. The Registrar reserves the right to request any additional documentation or evidence in order to make an informed decision in the public interest. If you have graduated from a denturism school not approved by College Council, please contact the College.

Application forms

Required documentation

  • Current criminal record check with category A vulnerable sector search (within six months)
  • Proof of legal entitlement to work in Canada (i.e., Canadian birth certificate, citizenship card, PR card, passport, work VISA)
  • Passport-type photo
  • Current CPR certification (for CPR specifications required, please click here)
  • Proof of Professional Liability Insurance at the level required by Council (click here for more information)
  • Certificate of completion from a trauma-informed practice course (The link to the course and tips for successful completion may be found in this article from bytes: Mandatory Training – Bill 21 – College of Alberta Denturists (abdenturists.ca)<https://www.abdenturists.ca/blog/mandatory-training-bill-21/>). If an applicant has completed an equivalent course, please contact the College.
  • Two character references
  • Provisional only (unless specified by the Registrar)
  • Fees

An application will be considered complete when all required documentation has been received, in the form required, and all applicable fees have been paid in full.

Supervised Practice

Members may be required to work under the supervision of another regulated member.  These situations would include while registered with a provisional practice permit or by decision of the Registrar or Registration Committee.  Information regarding your work environment and your supervising denturist is required.  Please submit the Supervised Practice Agreement with your application or when requested. All supervised members must practice in Alberta.

Currency of Practice

In order to maintain registration as a regulated member, an individual must have a minimum of 1200 practice hours within the immediately preceding 5 years.  There are allowances made for new graduates.

You may be requested to submit a Currency of Practice form which may be found here.

Should you have any questions about what this means for you, please contact the College.

To apply as an unregulated member

To apply for unregulated membership, please complete the online registration form and remit the applicable fee.

Application forms


For those applying under labour mobility agreements

Should you be registered in another Canadian jurisdiction, you may be eligible to be registered in Alberta through a labour mobility pathway.  Should this be applicable to your situation, you are required to:

  • Complete the applicable application form (listed above)
  • Provide the required documentation plus a letter of standing from your most recent regulatory authority. The College will contact you should additional documentation be required as determined by the Registrar or Registration Committee.
  • Remit appropriate fees


Once the College receives all the required documentation, you can expect that it will take 1-3 business days for your application to be processed and a decision rendered. This decision may include referral to the Registration Committee.  Should any additional information or documentation be required, you will be contacted via the details provided in your application.

Review of Registration Decision

Should you wish to request a review of the decision of the Registrar or Registration Committee, you may do so through an appeal process pursuant to the HPA.  To instigate this process, you must notify the College within 30 days of receipt of the original registration decision with a letter of appeal and the applicable review fee.  Your appeal will be heard by a panel of Council.  A review will be commenced no later than 60 days after the review request is received by the Registrar. You will be notified when this is occurring.

Please forward any review requests to the Registrar at drichmond@abdenturists.ca.

College of Alberta Denturists
405, 10408 124 Street NW
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
T5N 1R5

© 2024 College of Alberta Denturists