Changing your Registration Type

As we transition through our career, they may be times when we leave or reenter practice.  It is imperative that members inform the College of their situation to ensure appropriate registration.

Please note, you may not work as a denturist in Alberta until you have registration with the College. You will know that you are registered when you receive your practice permit. The Health Professions Act, defines practice as:


3 In their practice, denturists do one or more of the following:

    (a) assess, diagnose and treat persons missing some or all of their natural teeth,

    (b) design, construct, repair, alter and fit any complete or partial denture for the purpose of restoring and maintaining function and appearance,

    (b.1) teach, manage and conduct research in the science, techniques and practice of denturism, and

    (c) provide restricted activities authorized by the regulations.

RSA 2000 cH-7 Sched. 8 s3;2008 c34 s23

If you currently have a membership with the College (regulated or unregulated) and would like to change your registration type, please complete the appropriate form.

You will be contacted by the College should any additional documentation be required.

Should you have any questions, please contact the College.