To apply as a courtesy regulated member
To apply for regulated membership, you must complete the online registration form, provide the required documentation and pay the associated fees. The required documentation may be uploaded through the online application or sent to the College directly. The Registrar reserves the right to request any additional documentation or evidence in order to make an informed decision in the public interest. If you have graduated from a denturism school not approved by College Council, please contact the College.
- Our online registration forms are temporarily offline. If you wish to register with the College of Alberta Denturists, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information, please visit the registration guide.
- Current criminal record check with category A vulnerable sector search (within six months)
- Proof of legal entitlement to work in Canada (i.e., Canadian birth certificate, citizenship card, PR card, passport, work VISA)
- Passport-type photo
- Evidence of current registration as a denturist in another Canadian jurisdiction
- Current CPR certification (for CPR specifications required, please click here)
- Proof of Professional Liability Insurance at the level required by Council (click here for more information)
- Certificate of completion from a trauma-informed practice course (The link to the course and tips for successful completion may be found in this article from bytes: Mandatory Training – Bill 21 – College of Alberta Denturists (abdenturists.ca)<https://www.abdenturists.ca/blog/mandatory-training-bill-21/>). If an applicant has completed an equivalent course, please contact the College.
- Two character references
An application will be considered complete when all required documentation has been received, in the form required, and all applicable fees have been paid in full.
Once the College receives all the required documentation, you can expect that it will take 1-3 business days for your application to be processed and a decision rendered. This decision may include referral to the Registration Committee. Should any additional information or documentation be required, you will be contacted via the details provided in your application.
Review of Registration Decision
Should you wish to request a review of the decision of the Registrar or Registration Committee, you may do so through an appeal process pursuant to the HPA. To instigate this process, you must notify the College within 30 days of receipt of the original registration decision with a letter of appeal and the applicable review fee. Your appeal will be heard by a panel of Council. A review will be commenced no later than 60 days after the review request is received by the Registrar. You will be notified when this is occurring.
Please forward any review requests to the Registrar at email@example.com.