All regulated members of the College must have current CPR certification, at a level required by Council. Please know that Council has put a policy in place that speaks to the requirements of a CPR course.
CPR required level of training
Council requires that regulated members hold current CPR certification at all times. This course must include:
- Didactic learning and assessment
- Hands-on training and assessment for CPR for adult, child and infant
- Hands-on training for effective ventilation using a barrier device
- Hands-on training for automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Hands-on training for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction for adult, child and infant
Members are required to ensure a copy of their current CPR certification card is uploaded to the College’s registration system. This certificate should include:
- Member’s name
- Name of issuing organization
- Name of course completed
- Date of completion of certification
- Date of expiration of certification
- Signature of authorized CPR instructor
If you have any questions about your CPR certification, please do not hesitate to contact the College.